Islands of Adventure, Universal Orlando, FL
Posted by ustop20themeparks on April 10, 2009
Islands of Adventure
America’s 9th Most Visited Park of 2007
According to themeit.com, the park saw an estimated 5.4 million visitors in 2007, making it the 9th most visited theme park in the US.
Seuss Landing. Seuss Landing is the “kiddie” land at Islands of Adventure. It is true that there is not one straight line in the entire land! Universal even uprooted and re-planted trees that had been damaged by Hurricane Andrew so even the trees would be crooked.
· Well organized and user-friendly
· Includes detailed information on each attraction/ride and even includes their locations within the park
· Provides an interactive map where one can click on the various areas within the park and a window will appear; with a short write-up of the rides and attractions available there
· Includes a link where people may email the administrators if they have any enquiries
· Does not include information on where a tourist can stay while visiting the park (accommodation)
Accuracy & Authority – 5/5
It is the official website for the park.
Objectivity – 1/5
As it is the main page of the park, its main aim would be to sell tickets. Affects objectivity.
Currency – 5/5
Has to be current to serve the needs of their visitors.
Coverage – 4/5
Provides all the basic information but rather little extra information that would value-add to the site.
· Very specific theme
- Good for parents bringing their children there
· Contains reviews on most of the rides
· Contains information on guest services such as stroller rentals, lockers etc.
· Does not contain maps
· Does not contain any contact details
Accuracy & Authority – 4/5
Website dedicated to the park.
Objectivity – 5/5
It is totally unofficial and not affiliated to Universal.
Currency – 3/5
Last updated 2006.
Coverage – 3/5
Moderately extensive. Lacks a few important details such as maps and contact details.