Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal City, CA
Posted by ustop20themeparks on April 10, 2009
Universal Studios Hollywood
America’s 10th Most Visited Park of 2007
According to themeit.com, the park saw an estimated 4.7 million visitors in 2007, making it the 10th most visited theme park in the US.
A backlot fire on the 1st of June 2008 destroyed a portion of the park, costing an estimated 50 million USD to rebuild!
· Universal Studios Hollywood’s main website
· Provides extensive information about the theme park including
- All essential basic information (e.g. opening hours, ticketing, maps)
- In-depth “How to get there” information
- Full calendar of events
· Contains information for all its constituent attractions
- Includes a list of rides with rider restrictions
· Links to http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/, where visitors can gain information on other attractions offered at Universal City
· Allows for interactivity, such as:
- News on park can be emailed to visitors at a click of a button
- Park tickets can be purchased online
· Includes an FAQ
· Available in Spanish and in Japanese
· Interactive interface enables people to purchase park tickets online
· Press release section available on the website itself
· No objective reviews of the park due to the nature of the source
Accuracy & Authority – 5/5
It is the official website for the park.
Objectivity – 1/5
As it is the main page of the park, its main aim would be to sell tickets. Affects objectivity.
Currency – 5/5
Has to be current to serve the needs of their visitors.
Coverage – 4/5
Very extensive coverage of the park.