Universal Studios, Orlando, FL
Posted by ustop20themeparks on April 10, 2009
America’s 6th Most Visited Park of 2007
According to themeit.com, the park saw an estimated 6.2 million visitors in 2007, making it the 6th most visited theme park in the US.
Earthquake, The Big One the ride creates all of the visual effects of an earthquake and resets them every two minutes. The experience registers 8.3 on the Richter scale.
Approximately 65,000 gallons of water are released and recycled every six minutes.
· Contains all basic information
· Each link to rides/attractions has a short description plus a short video
· Includes age recommendations and information such as if ride requires a minimum height.
· Does not include detailed maps for the park
· Map is brief and does not include the precise locations of rides and attractions
Accuracy & Authority – 5/5
It is the official website for the park.
Objectivity – 1/5
As it is the main page of the park, its main aim would be to sell tickets. Affects objectivity.
Currency – 5/5
Has to be current to serve the needs of their visitors.
Coverage – 4/5
Provides all the basic information but rather little extra information that would value-add to the site.
· Contains links to information on each area within the park
· Includes a 5 point rating system to rate the rides and attractions
· Compiles all basic information into one link; “Must Know Info”
- Information is easy to find
· Does not include maps
· Does not include contact numbers
Accuracy & Authority – 3/5
No affiliations and a totally unofficial travel guide site.
Objectivity – 4/5
Due to the reason above, it has no need for any ulterior motives and would be objective in it information.
Currency – 3/5
Last updated in 2006.
Coverage – 4/5